Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cat Commandments

I must be in an irreverent mood, or maybe it's just due to spending a lovely afternoon in Cambridge with a cat lover (thanks for meeting up with me, Heidi!)...but suddenly, it occurred to me to write out the 10 commandments as a cat would create them.

1. I am the cat, thy master. Thou shalt have no other cats before me.

2. Thou shalt not worship the book on thy lap; instead, thou must let the cat sit there and gaze upon its splendor. 

3. Thou shalt not take the cat's name in vain (by yelling at it).

4. Thou shalt remember the sunny spots in the house and keep them available to the cat.

5. Honor thy cat by feeding her/him tunafish.

6. Thou shalt not squirt water.

7. Thou shalt not pet strange cats.

8. Thou shalt not let the cat food bowl go empty.

9. Thou shalt not close doors going into interesting places. 

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's dog.  Dogs art evil and must be shunned. 

Yeah, this whole getting ready for the five-month trip thing is clearly getting to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment