In the past week, we have...
1) Bought new clothes and paper supplies for the kids.
2) cleaned the refrigerator and the kitchen floor (trust me, you don't want "before" pictures. Both were long overdue).
5) (I) bought a new Surface Pro and a new book bag--both with the aim of trimming the amount of weight I carry on my aging, aching back. Plus, the bag is kind of stylish (at least, compared to the huge black one I was schlepping around).
- I have spent a couple of days on campus in back-to-back meetings.
- I plan to paint the half bathroom this weekend.
- I'm trying to get in one last revision of my paper on Che, and starting to look at my Post Tenure Review narrative.
This can mean only one thing...summer is ending and the academic year is rapidly approaching. It's time to get ready, and to finish up all those little projects that didn't get done over the summer.
Time for a deep breath.
How's your transition from summer to fall going?