(Joining the Kitchen Blog Hop again this week)
My current kitchen obsessions--or, more nicely put, eccentricities--are obvious in my pictures this week:
- I've been eating home-made muesli every day.
- Herbs have taken the place of flowers on my tables and counters (here: peppermint on the table--automatic after dinner mint!)
- Okay, not my obsession: Samuel and his cubes are all over the kitchen, every day.
- The kids are doing well putting dishes away without complaint--but sometimes they leave the cabinet doors open, an aversion I've inherited from my mother (even though I thought her obsession with closed cabinet doors was soooo stupid when I was a kid. Maybe it's genetic and kicks in during adulthood.)
- New favorite lunch: hummus, avocado, tomato, pea shoots, and red onion on sprouted grain bread. Eating that almost as often as muesli.
- And, of course, jam. I caved and made blueberry jam with large berries. I was trying to hold out for wild ones, but we just aren't going to make it to Maine to get them.
What eccentricities are showing up in your kitchen?