(Joining Heather for the weekly kitchen blog hop)
I mentioned in my last post that I am working on staying present and making my peace with August, the few weeks before the semester starts and life gets hectic again. I think my week in the kitchen reflects that, with:
- An easy vegan pasta dish on a night when I was late figuring out what to do for dinner.
- Enjoying bits of basil in the kitchen...maybe will do so with other herbs this (coming) week. I have held off from buying flowers lately b/c we are trying to keep a better eye on the grocery budget: herbs may be the answer!
- Loving Anya's new habit of hanging out in the kitchen with me on Saturday mornings while I clean, and we listen to "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me."
- Noticing how much happier I am when I simply do something like clean the white board properly. Go figure.
- Accepting that, although I love a clean kitchen, sometimes good food just makes a mess.
- Continuing to experiment with delicious vegan foods. (Those enchiladas don't look amazing, but they tasted great!)
How does your kitchen help you to live in the moment?