Thursday, May 23, 2013

Shouldn't they be in Tokyo???

Clearly, whoever came up with the idea for Godzilla had to have seen marine iguanas.  I have about 640 pictures of them, I think.  I'll share just a few here.










They pile up on each other (as in this last picture above) in order to keep warm, being cold blooded.  Marine iguanas live only on the Galapagos, where they can be found in huge numbers and in many different shore locations.  

There are also land iguanas, but we only saw those in captivity, in the Santa Cruz turtle breeding center:


One also sees little lizards running around all over the place in the Galapagos, including on sidewalks and around the pool in the hotel.  I didn't get too many pictures of them, because they are quick little buggers. Here's one from one of our tour walks:

I'm not fond of hot weather, but these were some cool creatures...


No comments:

Post a Comment