Sunday, May 12, 2013

Finding Center

My Mothers' Day didn't start out fabulously--there was a great deal of kid angst (reasons not worth going into).  But by the time evening came, I could feel a sense of...peace.  I feel centered for the first time in a long time.  It's not likely to last--we go to the Galapagos this week and, as much as I look forward to it, I really don't travel well.  

But tonight, I just want to focus on what centers me:

1. Homemade gifts for Mothers' Day.  There's no better kind of presents.  


And, of course, there is Sam's tongue-in-cheek haiku on his painting:


2. Going out to lunch with Sam. Just us.  He paid.  

3. Working on the last chapter of my book.  I do love the energy of figuring things like this out.  (Mostly.)

4. Howard reading a book to the kids and ad-libbing/adding silly stuff.  They giggle the whole way through when he does this.  I didn't listen to all of the story tonight, but even just the background of joy and laughter in the apartment leaves me feeling deeply content.



Happy Mothers' Day to all.  I hope yours was joyful and peaceful too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment