Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Facing My Fears, Following my Fantasies





Well, after almost two years of letting it collect dust, I finally took out the sewing machine.  I learned to thread it.  I stitched a few crooked stitches.  

I am in total fear of the sewing machine and have no faith that I can learn even simple, straight-line sewing.  But, for years I have had this fantasy of being able to sew.  Now it's time to face the fears and see if I can learn a little.  Even if I only get to a point of sewing a few simple things (I can make bags to put everyone's knit cowls in!), I'll be happy.  

Now, I just have to keep at it.  Need a few more supplies, or so the beginner's sewing book tells me.  I promise myself to get back to it this weekend, if not sooner.  

Wish me luck!  There's hope, even for someone like me who's never been handy or crafty, right?

What have you always wanted to do, but haven't gotten around to yet?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I sense many more excellent home made gifts and other goodies ahead.

    Maybe this means I can try my hand at the table saw. And, I said try, not leave my hand at the...

    ReplyDelete