Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ahhh...that's better.



Trust me, this time you absolutely do not want to see the "before" picture (which is why I didn't take one).  

Howard and I are, in general, trying to purge ourselves of crap and do some re-arranging to make the MA house more livable--you know, a lot less clutter, a bit more breathing room and calm.  The kitchen was a part of that, and I cleaned out most of my office (the file cabinet looms, mocking me).  Other projects are underway, but incomplete--perhaps to be revealed later.

Today I tackled one of the scariest projects: the walk-in closet off the master bedroom. Aside from the load of clothes that I either donated or threw out, including several pairs of perfectly good shoes that I never wear, I also battled dust bunnies the size of Harvey (look it up--it's an old Jimmy Stewart movie).  Cleanup extended to my bureau and (gasp) jewelry.  It was quite an afternoon.

There is something so satisfying about cleaning and getting rid of things I don't need.  Afterward, I love walking into and an organized, uncrowded space and just soaking in the peace that it brings me.  Howard and I keep talking and talking about simplifying, but it feels like it's time to walk the walk.  

Besides, as Heidi knows, I would rather spend three hours tackling my closet than working further on my promotion narrative...!

No comments:

Post a Comment