Saturday, November 9, 2013

New Old Space







Until this year, we've had a "basement playroom" in the house.  It's gone through a couple of phases in these 10 years, but in the past few years it was not getting much regular use.  In short: the kids were mostly outgrowing "play" space, and they preferred having the "best" toys accessible in their rooms.  

So, this year it was time to refresh and re-think.  The central basement area (our offices are also down there) is now a craft/homework/computer/relaxation area.  There's a fresh coat of paint (love that blue), and a good (expandable!) table for arts, crafts, and homework.  There's a spot for the computer, and a desk for either homework or--should I ever get time to learn--sewing. There's plenty of space for art supplies and games, and still a few toys.  And I have to say: I love having such nice space for yarn and knitting supplies.

The kids weren't sure about this vision of mine at first, but they seem to be taking to it now.  Our final addition of the chairs--comfy, but light enough to move around easily--seems to have cinched it.  

This space has gone from one of my least favorite in the house to one that makes me happy even if I'm just passing through it.

How are you re-envisioning space these days?

1 comment:

  1. I want to re-do my kitchen cabinets. Kind of tough job to tackle but I think I can do it.

    ReplyDelete