Friday, February 27, 2015

Into the Weekend (10!)





This afternoon I got off the train to go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to get better cake pans.  As soon as I was home, it was straight to baking a chocolate layer cake...then right into making home-made macaroni and cheese with steamed broccoli for dinner.


All done for the love of this girl, who turned 10 yesterday (when I had a department meeting and could not cook dinner).  Her birthday party is tomorrow, thus the cake (chocolate frosting to go on tomorrow morning).  

And who, by the way, was delighted that I managed to get this doormat custom made for her special day:


She's been thrilled and surprised at every turn. There is nothing she loves more than celebration and family time.

Anya, my girl, thank you for 10 years of love, delight, joy, angst, drama, pride, annoyance, imagination...and so very much laughter. I love you more than I could ever express in words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment