Friday, April 29, 2011

Ah, well.


Yesterday, I turned 46.  Though I am not particularly bothered by this, it was...just a yucky day.  Humid, sticky, grey.  My mood rather followed suit.  I thought it would be elevated by a "family night" project of using washers and wire to make minions.  (Who couldn't use minions?  I think that's one of the best things evil overlords have going for them.)  Alas, it was not to be. 

I love the washers.  They were a (requested) birthday gift.  No, don't ask.  All I know is that one day recently I encountered a washer and it sang to me, called to be put to use creatively. 

However, it was a lot more difficult to make minions with them than we thought it would be. It took an hour to make four, ragged-looking little guys:




Plus, they just end up in a pile when not attended. 

This is not, however, the last of the (compelling, if I do say so myself) saga.  I/we will figure out a way to make minions, and we will create with washers--we just won't try to do both at once.  I am nothing if not persistent (it's where the boy gets it from).  Stay tuned for further episodes! 

I'm open to ideas: How would you make minions?  What would you create with washers?

No comments:

Post a Comment