Saturday, April 16, 2011

It's the Little Things

Last night, I looked at my salad...and smiled.  It's a simple salad--arugula, dried cranberries, almond slivers, and goat cheese.  I've been eating it often for a few years.  And, I still love it.

That got me thinking about how it's the little things that bring cheer to the moments of my day.

Like this picture Howie gave me for Chanukah one year.  Every time I see it, it makes me smile:

Or how much Samuel loves the new suit we gave him for his birthday (he's always wanted a suit; probably because we never forced him to wear one):

Or the world's teeniest origami frog (hops really well, too):


I guess whether it's a good day or a bad one depends on which details we decide to notice.

What are the little things that brighten your day?  Can you bring a couple of them into your day today?

No comments:

Post a Comment