It's that time of year: full-fledged fall in New England. Is there anything more beautiful? It is, admittedly, my favorite season of the year. It makes me think of:
1) Apples and pumpkins and all sorts of squashes.
2) A return to baking: apple crisp, spice breads, wheat bread.
3) Stomping through leaves (make noise!).
4) A cozy house and reading or telling stories.
5) Long walks in brisk weather.
6) Hearty soups and stews returning to our cooking repertoire.
Unfortunately, October is also the busiest month of the fall semester in academia. That means I won't get to go out for walks, or bake, or snuggle in the house, nearly as much as I want right now. Sigh.
Still, it is beautiful.
What do you love about autumn?