Saturday, December 14, 2013

From Where I Sit








We're entering finals, and the AHA is in less than a month (and I haven't even started my paper). Thus, I am spending a lot of time in my office, reading and grading. It's just a basement office, but when I stop to notice, it does have some good views.  There is a pretty new mug from here that Howard got me recently.  The walls hold art that ranges from kid art to Guayasamin.  And the bookcase facing my reading chair holds photos and images from and by those I love dearly. (The drawing is one that Sam did when I was pregnant with Anya, and it includes "the baby"...so incredibly cute. He was 3 1/2 at the time.)  

I still want a "grading gnome" to do all this work for me (thanks for the idea, Khadija!) and I might not like the pressures of the moment...but it could be worse. At least I have good digs for working! 

Now, if that messy file cabinet in the corner would just magically clean itself...or maybe the gnome could take care of that too???


No comments:

Post a Comment