Monday, June 30, 2014

The Purple Fairy

While doing a massive clean-out of the kids' rooms yesterday (eek, I don't even want to think about it--too awful), we ran across this:

Anya's purple fairy costume.  It was her very favorite dress-up item for many years.  She wore it all the time:


But I have to admit, my hands-down favorite memory with this is of the astronaut fairy:

Now that was an outfit, an attitude, and an original.

I'm insistent on culling the things that we don't use/need anymore in order to make the house more livable for all of us. But there are a few exceptions, and I think the purple fairy dress falls into that special category of things that need to be saved due to the unique memories it holds within its (unnatural) fibers.

What little items conjure up big memories for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment