Among the things that are making me laugh lately:
1) My husband's insight about the secret of couples with long marriages: they stay together for revenge.
2) My realization (with Heidi's support) that we need to give up on looking for grading gnomes. If monkeys would eventually type out Shakespeare given enough time, then surely they can learn to do my grading in short order.
3) Reading aloud again from How to Be a Villain. Honestly, my only problem with this book is that I didn't think to write it myself.
4) The chihuahuas up the street (Lucy and Lola) who look delicate but wrestle with each other as if they believe they are German shepherds.
5) Coming up (again with Heidi) with ideas for building children's show episodes around cool vocabulary words like: preposterous, filibuster, cantankerous, symbiotic...the possibilities for my own amusement really are endless here.
6) Though not all of it is laughter-worthy (and a few things not familiar), I am reminded here that I truly am a New England gal in the most bizarre and funny ways. (They forgot bubbler, though--that's the real giveaway that I am from MA: I drink water from a bubbler. And yes, it's typically pronounced "bubblah.")
7) And in the "laugh rather than cry" category: dreaming up ways to knock off the squirrels that are digging up my veggies. They don't even eat anything, just dig stuff up and ruin the garden. While I would never actually harm them, it makes me giggle with glee to think up plots to foil them.
What's making you laugh lately?