(Again joining Heather on her kitchen blog hop)
I feel like I avoid the kitchen with the heat that's been with us in New England in the past few weeks, but I suppose that I have been fairly busy here nevertheless!
- Baking whenever the weather cools down a little--including finally making coffee spice cake
- So happy that the farmers' market is back again--and getting to make strawberry-honey jam because of it
- Salads, salads, more salads. With lettuce from the garden, with pasta and peanut sauce, with more of those luscious strawberries...
- And, if I had to go to a family party (I love them, they are just way too many for my comfort zone), I decided that I should at least make strawberry shortcake so that my Dad would be there in spirit.
- More manageably, my brother Kevin came for dinner one night while out east from CA. It's always so lovely to see him and catch up in person. In addition to a fine (vegan) meal, we got to play with Anya's Lego city and introduce him to the new Dr. Who via "Blink" (you know, lure in with the best).
- Finally: playing around with recipes from a new cookbook (always fun)
Not quite as hot or humid today, and tomorrow will be in the mid 70s! Time to use the oven again while we can.
How is summer playing out in your kitchen?