Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pet Peeves


Let’s face it.  We all have them: pet peeves.  Some are understandable, others entirely idiosyncratic and irrational.  My list, I think, contains a little of both. 

1.      People who say “itch” when they mean “scratch” (as I tell my kids: itch is what you feel, scratch is what you do).
2.      How my husband loads the dishwasher.  Wrong, just wrong.
3.      When students say “I couldn’t come to class yesterday—did I miss anything?”  (A runner up is “Do I have to buy the textbook?”)
4.      Being called Mrs. Brenner (simply not my name).
5.      Cabinet doors left open in the kitchen.  (This one must be genetic: My mother was the same way; when I was a kid, I thought it was sooo stupid…)
6.      People who walk at a snail’s pace in the middle of the sidewalk. 
Okay, I’ve admitted some of my top pet peeves.  What are some of yours????

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on the dishwasher thing...
    channel surfing during commercials.... It's really a control issue...

    ReplyDelete