Let’s face it. We all have them: pet peeves. Some are understandable, others entirely idiosyncratic and irrational. My list, I think, contains a little of both.
1. People who say “itch” when they mean “scratch” (as I tell my kids: itch is what you feel, scratch is what you do).
2. How my husband loads the dishwasher. Wrong, just wrong.
3. When students say “I couldn’t come to class yesterday—did I miss anything?” (A runner up is “Do I have to buy the textbook?”)
4. Being called Mrs. Brenner (simply not my name).
5. Cabinet doors left open in the kitchen. (This one must be genetic: My mother was the same way; when I was a kid, I thought it was sooo stupid…)
6. People who walk at a snail’s pace in the middle of the sidewalk.
Okay, I’ve admitted some of my top pet peeves. What are some of yours????