Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Flippin' the Night Away

I spent the day contemplating my academic future and having professional conversations with colleagues.  I have some serious decisions to make.

So, what better thing to do when I get home, after dinner, than…

ORIGAMI FROG RACES!

Samuel learned how to make origami frogs while at camp this past weekend, and he has been prodding us to race the frogs ever since.  We finally did tonight, and it was one of the best nights ever.  I needed a little frivolity and laughter, which were in abundance this evening. 

There were lineups.



And flipping.
And measuring.

And scoring.


And prizes.






Alas, my contestant, “Bubbles the Frog,” came in dead last.  However, Bubbles was the clear crowd favorite, with much chanting of “Bubbles, Bubbles” going on each time he/she (how does one tell gender with an origami frog?) came up for a turn.  Okay, maybe that was just me chanting. 

It will be a long time before I forget this night.  Or Bubbles the Frog.


What do you do to invite unabashed silliness into your life?  Do you need to do it more often?

No comments:

Post a Comment