Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Today's Inspiration

The kids and I have been reading Michael Buckley's series The Sisters Grimm.  We are now on book 2, The Unusual Suspects.  I am finding this book inspriring in two ways, and we're not even done with it yet. 

1) The line: "Of course.  The Big Bad Wolf does yoga."  (I'm thinking of putting this as one of the stamps on my email, professional repercussions be damned.)  Anya and I quote this all the time.

2) New minion idea (brought to us by the Pied Piper's son in the story): EVIL BUNNY MINIONS!!!!!!!

I mean, really: how could that go wrong?  This is the best  expression of bunny evil I've witnessed since Monty Python's "Holy Grail."

More seriously, this is a great series of books.  Clever enough to keep my 10 year-old happy, goofy enough for my 6 year-old.  And at the center of the story: girl heroes. 

What's inspiring you these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment