Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Other Vice...

...besides books.  Well, okay, one of my other vices, besides books.  What's a gal to do on a Saturday afternoon in Quito when she needs to get out and has already had too much coffee?

Why, buy earrings of course.

I went into an interesting-looking touristy artisan store.  Lots of gorgeous silver earrings, and leather bags, and pottery--all of which were too expensive to justify.

Then, lo and behold, I found them: the cheap earrings.  These cost me $7.50 per pair and I adore them.
The black and blue pairs are my favorites, but...I just can't resist trees.  I did manage to resist buying a moon pair, though, which is unusual. 

These are only okay, but they also only cost $4.50 per pair, and I know exactly which scarves etc I will wear them with. 

Besides, the black ones will look great with my glasses.

In total, I spent a little over $30.  Not bad.  Maybe I can call this a guilty pleasure instead of a full-blown vice, then?

What are your favorite little vices?

1 comment: