Friday, March 20, 2015

One of Those Days/Weeks

Today was one of those days. No, wait: this week was one of those weeks.  Way too much work, a lot of frustration and overwhelm.

In other words: time for gratitude.

Today, this week, I am grateful for:

1) The girl child who feeds my soul with love and laughter

2) The boy child who wants to understand and make me feel better

3) That husband of mine who always has my back

4) Running into this quote just at the right time: "It is in the giving over to smallness that opens us to misery." (Mark Nepo, The Book of Awakening, p. 57)

5) The friends who listen to me when I give over to smallness before stepping back to focus on what really matters

6) Friday Family Movie Night--not a panacea, but certainly a salve for the week's wounds

7) Remembering what can be cut back this weekend to make space not only for work, but also sanity saving walks, family time, and rest

Wishing I knew how to keep perspective all the time.  Surviving because I usually find it after a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment