Thursday, July 14, 2011

Life Resumed

After four or five days of mostly just goofing around, life is slowly getting back to normal. 

I have two new bookcases, so I was finally able to organize my office.  It feels much more like a credible work space now.



The kids are also back to their old selves.  Sam is happy with his new, digital watch.  He's busy timing things and setting alarms. 

Anya likes to play in her new "wig" that she made at camp.  Have you ever seen a cuter weird little kid? 

And here I am, on my beloved screened-in porch...blogging with a glass of red wine in hand, awaiting one of my favorite dinners: grilled swordfish, steamed broccoli, and sweet potato oven fries with coriander and brown sugar.  The only thing missing?  Blueberry cake for dessert.  That would round out the "summer in New England" meal I'm having.  Walk on the beach comes later. 

What do you enjoy about your daily existence? 

1 comment:

  1. Well, if you had let me know, I would have gladly baked you a blueberry cake :)

    My daily existence? Sometimes the lazy mornings. Sometimes being able to come home early and hang out. Walks along the beach. And, an air conditioner so cold I can see my breath!

    It's great to have you back!

    ReplyDelete