Monday, July 11, 2011

Love that Dirty Water

Yes, I'm back in Boston.  Observations upon arriving (both from the air and on the ground):
Boston is small, flat, and hot.  And much more lush than when I left.


I am very happy to be back in my home, particularly at a time when I can use the screened porch, cleaned for me and set with a sunflower as a welcome-home present.  (I adore sunflowers.)



I am also happy to be able to drink tap water without having to boil it first.

However, I am sad to be away from the archives, and I already miss the wonderful fruits and rich avocados.  I am already defeated by the heat.  And it is depressing to have to clean my office...and see those two suitcases?  Full of books.

Where the hell am I going to put all those books?

It's strange to be dropped in the middle of summer after missing so much of life here.  But, never fear: I kept up with all the important news.  The Bruins won the Stanley Cup for the first time since 1972, and Whitey was finally caught.  Both were big headlines, even in my email updates from our local NPR station. 

What does traveling make you realize about your home life?

No comments:

Post a Comment