(This one's for you, Heidi)
So...not too surprisingly, I have favorite words. Many of them. Among them are:
To note: when I asked Howard about favorite words I use, he said "What, you mean besides swear words?"
I might be seeking a divorce. But, probably not, as long as he keeps doing the laundry.
Some of Samuel's favorite words:
I'd ask Anya, but she's asleep. That girl falls asleep mighty fast.
I also have pet peeve words and phrases--mostly those that aren't (or weren't meant to be) real words:
1) when people say "itch" instead of "scratch." I tell my kids: itch is what you feel, scratch is what you do.
2) Nother. As in: a whole nother.... No such word.
3) (Here's one for Nancy): when people pronounce "nuclear" as if it were "nuculer."
4) Ya mismito viene. (This one has nothing to do with grammar. It means "he/she is coming right now"--technically. What it really means is "that person might show up sometime in the next three hours.")
5) It's all good. (Bullshit it is)
I asked Howard about my pet peeve words, and he said "Geez, I say so many things that annoy you, but I can't remember them now." Again, suggesting that I am, well, less than a model, supportive wife. Grrr...
What are your favorite words? What are the phrases that make you itch with annoyance?
Any suggestions on what kind of picture ought to go with a post like this?